Women account for 85% of all consumer purchases including everything from autos to health care:
- 91% of New Homes
- 66% PCs
- 92% Vacations
- 80% Healthcare
- 65% New Cars
- 89% Bank Accounts
- 93% Food
- 93 % OTC Pharmaceuticals
Women represent the majority of the online market:
- 22% shop online at least once a day
- 92% pass along information about deals or finds to others
- 171: average number of contacts in their e-mail or mobile lists (and they are telling people about you!)
- 76% want to be part of a special or select panel
- 58% would toss a TV if they had to get rid of one digital device (only 11% would ditch their laptops)
- 51% are moms
Source: Mindshare/Ogilvy & Mather
With your female customer in mind, think about the promotional products that will appeal to her. Think about the design and the message that will make her actually use the product. She’ll wear/carry it and talk about how much she loves you to her friends! Certainly worth the investment for that word of mouth.
Here are a few tips in choosing items for your female audience:
- Items that are functional and make her life easier (organizers, journals, magnetic chip clips!, mini first-aid kids/sunscreen to carry in her purse).
- Canvas totes are always good. Great for trips to the grocery store, library and just hauling all the kids’ stuff around.
- T-shirts/hats/jackets that look good! Think fit (no boxy unisex shirts!), flattering and stylish colors, and EASY to launder.
- Environmentally friendly products are important, especially to moms.
Also remember, quality matters. If you’re going to put your name/logo on it, make sure it represents the quality and integrity of your brand.
“The great question that has never been answered and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is ‘What does a woman want?”
― Sigmund Freud