People love free stuff, but that’s not why promotional products work so well. Truth is recipients/customers keep the promotional products you thoughtfully select and they remember – and like – you for it!
In the 2013 Global Advertising Specialties Impressions Study by the Advertising Institute, researchers polled 7,000+ consumers in 21 metro areas to prove the power of promotional products.
Among their findings:
- On average, items are kept for 7 months.
- People keep them because they are useful. (Keep that in mind when you are choosing your product. Pick things that are useful – bags, shirts, drink ware, etc.)
- Items get passed on (not tossed). 63% of respondents in the U.S. said that when they receive a logoed item they no longer wish to keep, they give it to someone else.
- People remember you. Nearly 9 in 10 (86%) U.S. recipients of promo merchandise can identify the advertiser (YOU!) on the item.
- Promo items generate new business. When consumers were asked how likely they were to do business with an advertiser they hadn’t previously done business with after receiving an item, over one-third (36%) said they were more likely to do business with them in the future.
- People like you. They really like you. Outerwear leaves the most positive attitude about the advertiser, as three-quarters (75%) of branded outerwear recipients had a more favorable impression of the advertiser.
When you are planning your marketing budget, be sure to make room for promo items. And when it comes time to select what you are going to put your logo on, let us help you! We can help you create something useful, attractive, and memorable.