Tyra’s son, Angelo, visits the Promolux office now and then. Watching him interact with the team reminded us that maybe we can learn a thing or two from toddlers about good customer service.
- Smile! People can tell on the other end of the phone when you are smiling. Happy is contagious.
- Give lots of hugs. Maybe not physical hugs, but remind your customers they are important to you and that you need and appreciate them.
- Mine, mine, mine! Toddlers know this concept all too well. Just as they take ownership of their toys, take ownership of your customers’ needs and any problems that may arise.
- Why? Be genuinely curious about how your customers are doing, what they need and how satisfied they are with your service/products.
- Nobody likes a tantrum. Not moms and not your customers. Keep your cool no matter what the situation.
- I want it now! Respond to inquiries, issues and requests promptly.
- Snacks and Naps. Everyone is better on a full night’s sleep. Take care of yourself and you will take better care of your customers.